Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Yet another title christened "Sonnets"

I'm not the poet that usaually rhymes. Actually. . . i never rhyme at all. I just. . write. And it becomes to be what is. So this sonnet business, though I truly do appreciate them for what they are, never quite grasped my whole-hearted affections. But. . i do understand that to be a better writer, i must expand my comfort zone and try new things, explore different options of writing and saying things. To think of new ways to state the common. (I've tried, but it's a proven fact by my sister and previous English teachers that I cannot rhyme worth my life. I am no Shaherizad in that sense. I would die . . ) I find lines restricting. I don't like short poems, and to me 14 lines is a short poem. I like a good Poe.

But I vow to give it my best shot; to crack open my own soul and mind to allow inspiration to flow freely. I hope i have a muse that takes my body over. . For I no longer have a "significant other" that i can write about, and I can't duck out of the light by writing one about the only thing in this world that I truly love, my horse. So maybe this one will be about hope. . about my imaginary love of my life. . . after my life experiences I kinda know what im looking for. maybe this sonnet shall be a guideline to myself; a healthy reminder. I know what i will write. . just don't know how the in between process of putting pen to paper will turn out. I'll let you know when i post it, and then you too can figure out what it is i seek.

No comments:

Post a Comment