Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Final Sonnet and Found Poem Drafts

Caught Off Guard

I dare jnot write a cheery love poem,
For I am not cheery, nor am I in love.
The words I write may sound to you solemn,
Yet they be pure as the white wings a dove.

Moments ago, whole I was, whole I sought.
Yet now I see the pieces that I fear.
Forced from my comfort, out of my thought,
I behold my wreckage of formers dear.

Where did you come from, and whence did you came?
For you've awakened this demon in me
That I'm forced to rein in till it comes tame,
Knowing little enought to let it flee.

Tell me, how do you know I to the soul?
For I've barely known you, known you at'all.

~I didn't change this final draft much from the last draft either. I know that my iambic pentameter isn't perfect at all, and is missing from a few lines, but I happen to like it like that. I don't like . . . how do I say this. . . sing-song verses? The words should just flow, without there being a struggle to count the syllables or da-dums. So here is what I have to present. Now for the found poem:

Good Earth

The super-fruit,
The pomegranate
All natural from
This good earth.
Flavors rich of
Tea of Green,
Rich of rich cherries
Wrapped with
Pomegranate flavors
And new earth. A good earth.
Wrapped with natural sources
From a good earth.

~I actually really like this poem. Again, I didn't change a whole lot, I think I added 2 or 3 lines from the first draft, and added words here and there. I really like the repetition I used, cause I feel I didn't over-do it. I wish I was someone else, so I could have an outside readers opinion on how to make it better possibly. But I feel this is sufficient and well written.

No comments:

Post a Comment