Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sonnet Draft

So. . as everyone has previously stated about their drafts, this could be changed a little bit. I know in some of the lines the meter is off, but i think i may like it like that. idk, this may also be a final draft. I'm fairly happy with it.

The Great Awakening

I dare not write a cheery love poem,
For I am not cheery, nor am I in love.
The words I write will sound to you solemn,
Yet they be pure as the white wings a dove.

Moments ago, whole I was, whole I sought,
Yet now I see the pieces that i fear.
Forced out of my comfort, out of my thought,
I behold my wreckage of formers dear.

Where did you come from, and whence did you came?
For you've awakened the demon in me.
Yet you've forced me to rein it, till it comes tame.
I view the sun, I see its' grace on thee.

Tell me, how do you know I to the soul?
For I've barely known you, known you at'all.


I had such a hard time writing this poem at first, I still feel that it doesnt convey what I want. But in the end, the words just kind of came to me. Probably cause, in preparation for this poem, I wrote about 5 or 6 of my own to draw inspiration. I was my own muse! Though, they only provided ideas, for i write long, free verse poems generally. I might edit this, i might not. i have yet to decide. suggestions are welcome.

1 comment: