Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Erin's Day

5:45- Wake up by alarm. Long night... even longer story. Put on workout clothes, socks, shoes, donned my coat. Grabbed my phone. Left my dorm.
5:50-Text from Kendra. I'm on my way to the gym to work out with her.
6:00-Arrive at gym via my trusty bike. Stupid bike lock isnt working, so I make it look like it's locked. Meet Kendra, and go to locker room. Strip off extra layers of clothes, and go run. Sprint a lap, jog a lap. 1 mile. Talk about why I didn't leave for basic, and about running, and how out of shape we are. We're both not used to it. Finish. Stretch. Go do crunches, side crunches, bicycle crunches, and push-ups. 20-30, two times. Go downstairs, still chatting about nothingness, and go on the elypticals for ten minutes. We feel good afterwards. Sweaty, but good. It feels good to talk to someone I know, someone who is normal (at least i feel that way).
7:00-Put layers back on. Walk out of the gym. Say goodbye to Kendra. Call Quinn. Talk on the phone while on my bike on the way back to the dorm. Again... long night. get back, bike lock still not working. Damn. go to main lounge, and sit on a blue couch. Recline feet on the table, and talk. About everything. Im comfy and warm in my coat. Get off the phone around
7:30- go take a quick shower, dont wash my hair. Hot water feels REALLY good. It's helping me relax. Get back to dorm. Jeans, t-shirt, sweatshirt. It's a lazy day, and it's gonna be a long day. Lotion, mascara, get dressed, shoes, coat, coffee mug, Chem lab stuff, and call Quinn one more time. I miss him so much...
8:00-Breakfast at Hannon. Eggs, sausage, yogurt, tea, and a bagel. Good healthy food in my opinion. Listened to teh news, eat, and write this all at once.
8:30-Reading the Brothers Karamozov at breakfast. Time to kill before lab. I really like this story. Watching (or listening) or not really paying attention to the Today Show. A baby was born somewhere, and they were filming it.
9:00-Lab starts. New lab partner named Lauren. She's getting her bachelor's in Animal Science. has a pre-vet tech degree already. She has work tonight. Had to do lab twice to show accuracy (Quantitative Analysis of the Percentage of Nickel in a Substance). It was fun. Teacher remembered I was from Frenchtown. I think I surprised h im that i knew how to find the percentage of an element in a substance given only the molecular formula. Yay me!! Told us about the International Food Bazare. I intend on attending. Feb. 22. That's a saturday. I checked.
11:00-My lab finishes early for my group. We got it done faster than the other groups. Noted to self to write down calculations again to make sure they made sense.
11:15-Texted Quinn. He was still in class. Went back to my dorm. Took off my shoes. Texted again. Tried finishing scholarship application. They want my high school transcript, which I dont have and have to get. ugh... Called my mom for help. I like talking to my mom.. I miss home. Hung up. Called Quinn. Talked about our days. Say our goodbye's and hung up.
12:00- Did calculations again. Made mac and cheese via the microwave... oh well. It was good tho. Get up. Oh, and I ate a Kashi cookie ;-) yummy!! started writing in journal about my day between breakfast and now. Got ready for class. Anthropology.
12:45-Anthropology. Bones, Apes, and Ancestors. Discussion on readings assigned. "let us prey" and "the handmaids' tale". Topics on unsolved hypotheseis, why apes live in groups, and sexual selection, and different tangeants of those discussions. Once again, I know too much, and therefore am asked indirectly to not raise my hand. Ugh... I like the topic of the class, but i hate the people. they just sit there without an opinion of their own. I sat takin g notes, shouting opinions and theories into the inside of my skull. Yay...
2:00-In dorm writing once again. Quinn texted again. I'm pondering on what to do.. a nap sounds good, but... reading is calling my name, and i must unwillingly ablige.
3:00- Began reading, and fell asleep instantly from the previous night's lack of sleep. I endured the temptation for half an hour till Quinn called, then fell asleep so i could finish my homework tonight. Reading The Brothers by the way.
4:10- got a wrong number call from the sherrif's department. that was scary. went back to sleep.
5:00- Roommate came back, and thusly ended my nap. Got another call from Quinn, and began reading to finish Part 1 of the book. Did so.
5:30-research on computer for Writ 101 class. Paper on hippies. ethnograhpic essay. Wrote introductory paper (250 words, lame and pointless) to the paper i will write. ugh...
6:00-Thus ends my journal for the day. I shall now start blogging my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment