Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Trying to Listen...

Ever since we got the assignment to eavesdrop on people, anywhere on campus, I tried, and tried, ad tried. And I'll keep trying, but... I honestly don't find people's conversations interesting. I lose interest whenever I try to listen. All of the ones I've tried listening into are either mundane, immature, or a very good mixture of both. By the end of 30 seconds I'm left with either a feeling of awe (and not in a good way), or boredom. People really talk about these things??? All I hear is homework due, silly conversations such as "Give me back my pen!!" (and sincerely, this girl across the hall was freaking out about it, instead of just grabbing another pen...). My reaction?? "Wow.." I said to myself. "Really?" I guess I spend so much time trying to tune other people out, either by music, or homework, or the TV, that it's hard to get back into it. I REALLY don't like listening to people. And it's not that I think myself better than other people, it's just... I don't like meaningless conversation. Though I guess one could argue that no conversation is completely meaningless. I guess one could say.. I dont like... petty conversation. Irrelevent conversation. Mundane small talk. I even try to listen in on talk in the dining halls, especially Harrison, and nope! cant do it. I just get mad and frustrated from the amount of talk and I usually end up leaving still hungry ;-P. I don't know why I've developed this attitude towards other people, maybe it's just my history with petty girls who can talk about nothing else but partying and boys. . Ya.. that might be it. And it's not like I don't like talking to people, or showing my views, and giving my opinions, and getting to really know someone.. I guess you could say I'm just.. Picky. And have little patience for people I might think are a waste of my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment