Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Yet another BK post. . .

I want SO BAD to re-read Hamlet (I started reading it anyway. .) and to analyze it and Antigone more in depth. But, alas, one has to face the reality of time constraints. (sigh). I could go on and on for hours about them. For some reason, I connect to them more emotionally than I do the Brothers Karamozov. I find this odd, for BK is a very emotional book, and I understand all of it. But for some reason, I cant pinpoint one topic, one emotion, or one event that I can really grab a hold of and ramble about.

At this point, Im into Part 4, book something or another. I just finished up the part where Ilosha (?), the little boy, has been visited by Alyosha and Koyla (?), who pretended that Koyla's new dog was the one that Ilosha fed the needle and bread to, in order to make him suffer less w/ guilt. (I know I'm probably way more behind than most people, but I really dont want to rush the book and miss things, plus I do have other things to do. Anyway. . ). At this point in the book, i probably understood Mitya's and Greshenka(?)'s "falling in love" scene the most, though this is not surprising, since it is a love scene in a way. I found it odd how the Pole captain she was in love with, just left her. And does one honestly realize true love that fast? Well this may be, but I scratched my head and pondered a bit about this one. I felt this scene, though, really gave Dmitri more ground to stand on that he is crazy, but not insane. He knows what he wants, he just lies about it alot. So in this aspect, I agree w/ Ashley and other people in the class. I feel Dmitri is the true hero of the story. But, as it always is in literature, that is open to speculation and interpretation from other people, based on their experiences and views.

No comments:

Post a Comment