Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Kenneth Branagh's "Hamlet"


For those of you who have yet to read and/or watch this film, PLEASE DO!!! I highly recommend it. It, in my opinion, is such a masterpiece, and so thoroughly done and well acted that. . . yes, it is one of my favorite films. It goes along side all my Peter Pan films such as Hook and Finding Neverland. But in all seriousness, if you are having a hard time reading the play or find you don't have the time...(Mr. Sexson might frown upon this), watch it instead. It's word for word, scene for scene, so your not missing much besides the experience of reading the play yourself and deciphering the text. This is a slight draw-back, but it is sufficient enough that I believe its not at all like reading Sparknotes or Cliffnotes. Just thought it might be a little helpful tidbit for those of you who, like me, cant always find time to sit down and read for multiple hours on end.


So for those of you who watch it, congragulations and your welcome. For those who don't, you are REALLY missing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment